Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a process of getting your ecommerce website get found in organic search result (SERP). When shoppers enter some keywords (brand and non brand) to search for its product or service from Google Search, Search Engine will show the most relevant website to shoppers. Thus, It is very important as it drives FREE traffic to your Unicart store. Let’s get started to setup general SEO on your SiteGiant Unicart store.
STEP 1: GENERAL STORE SETUP
Navigate to Settings page and choose Business Info.
Page Title and Meta Tag Description are used for SEO purpose.
Page Title defines the title of the page, which tells people or search engine the topic of the webpage.
It appears in three key places:
1. Browser Tab that used to remind visitors about the content of your page.
2. Search Result with the clickable title of webpage.
3. External Websites, especially social media sites will use the title of a web page as its link anchor text.
Best practices of Page Title to work on SEO:
1. Keep in 70 characters long.
2. Use target and unique keyword.
3. May use location as selling point where your products located.
4. Format: Brand Name | Primary Keyword and Secondary Keyword OR
Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
Meta Tag Description
Meta Tag Description is used to display summary of webpage’s content which appears under page’s URL in search result. Attractive and relevant description will have higher chances of visitors click-through the site.
Best practices of Meta Tag Description to work on SEO:
1. Keep in 250 charactors long.
2. Use target keyword.
3. Use human readable sentence.
STEP 2: PRODUCT PAGE SETUP
For advanced users who would like to perform detailed SEO on your Unicart store, you can do it at:-
Access: Products > Click the Product Name > General Tab > Edit SEO
STEP 3: CATEGORY PAGE SETUP
Access: Products > More icon > Categories > Click the Category Name
STEP 4: BRANDS SETUP
Access: Products > More icon > Brands > Click the Brand Name
STEP 5: IMPORTANT PAGE SETUP
Access: Webstore > Pages > Click the Page Name